Bulkheads & Headwalls
Moving Pool Bulkhead Systems
Natare swimming pool bulkheads span the width of a swimming pool, creating a movable bridge to divide a larger single activity pool into a multiple activity pool. They are rigid, stable, and comply with all current FINA, USA Swimming, and NCAA requirements.
Our bulkheads are precisely engineered structures, designed to provide varying course lengths to accommodate fluctuating activities in any size pool or facility.
Features of a Custom Natare Pool Bulkhead
- Wave-quelling, flow-through openings at the water’s surface.
- Will not wear, yellow, or delaminate; No re-coating or painting is necessary.
- Slip-resistant lane targets.
- Recessed handholds, rope-hooks and anchors reduce the danger of injury to swimmers.
- The carriage assembly provides support and allows access to the locking mechanisms, movement controls and buoyancy flotation system.
- Stainless steel truss sections and stainless steel profiles cover all bulkhead edges.
Easily moved, our pool bulkheads can be repositioned to accommodate both imperial and metric competition courses or used to host two aquatic events simultaneously.
Transform One Pool into Many
Natare stainless steel pool bulkheads are precisely engineered structures, designed to provide varying course lengths and accommodate different program activities in any size pool facility. Whether it is meters or yards, water polo or water aerobics, or simply dividing a diving well into recreational swimming area, a moving pool bulkhead makes the most of any aquatic facility.
They can be installed as a fixed wall to permanently divide a pool, or it can be configured for horizontal movement along the length of the pool. Our bulkheads can even move vertically for storage in a pool bottom recess or for seasonal removal from the pool.
Pool Bulkhead Strength
The superior strength and rigidity of the bulkhead come from its all-stainless steel dyadic truss frame. Buoyancy chambers reduce the effective weight in water and a box-truss construction minimizes horizontal and vertical deflection, making Natare stainless steel bulkheads capable of supporting more than 100 pounds per square foot.
The top and sides are covered with an ASTM certified slip-resistant GPM grating that dissipates wave rebound for competitive swimming, maintains proper water circulation, and provides a safe and secure walking and turning surface.
Hybrid Pool Bulkheads
Natare Hybrid Bulkheads are constructed of the same materials as our stainless steel pool bulkheads. The difference is the exterior trim above the water level is made from our GPM polymer material.
Fabricated in-house at our Indianapolis manufacturing facility, the GPM material allows us to produce typical shapes or custom shapes based on a project’s requirements instead of being limited to one or two profiles. With the unique design of the hybrid trim system, the GPM material offers additional options of engraving text, inlaying target panels, adding custom logos, and can be produced in a variety of colors.
Technologically Advanced Design
- Natare pool bulkheads are designed to fulfill the requirements of world-class swimming facilities.
- One piece self-supporting stainless steel construction minimizes horizontal and vertical deflection without added bracing.
- Complete flow-through for wave absorption prevents waves from rebounding and interfering with competitive swimming.
- Easily moved to new positions to transition pools from yards to meters or to divide pools into different activity areas.
- X-Ray Structural Certification to guarantee the strength and quality of welds.
- Cost effective, eliminates the need for additional pools, and provide new flexibility to existing facilities.
The Natare parapet headwall system is a removable stainless steel structure that is designed to allow a swimming pool to be adapted to meet various competitive swimming code requirements for raised end wall areas including FINA regulations.
The headwall system can be used as a supporting structure for starting platforms, water pool goals, electronic touch pads, and lane line anchors. The top and sides are covered with GPM grating, an ASTM certified slip-resistant surface that provides a safe and secure walking and turning surface for swimmers and officials.